Grins 2 Go Prom Photography
Prom can be a very important event in a young person’s life. This is something most seniors are obsessed with in their last school year. Schools are responsible for providing budget and directions, and students make most of the preparations. It takes a lot to arrange a good prom.
Students and teachers work day and night to make prom the most memorable night for the graduating seniors. Decorations, DJ, dresses, dancing and fruit punch are all part of a typical prom. One more important element is of course, the prom photos.
Prom photos become an important memento of youth. They are a reminder of the good old days when life was more fun and full of less responsibility. Can you imagine how useless of a memento your prom photos would be if the image is blurred or if the incorrect lighting made your beautiful dress look terrible?
This is why it is important to have professionals capture these beautiful moments. To make sure that your prom picture is worth looking at. And whenever you see it, you remember that magical night, rather than regret going for an amateur photo.
When we at Grins 2 Go prepare for a prom photography session, we choose the right equipment, correct lighting gear and a background that will blend in with all the beautiful dresses. Our photographers ensure that you get the best possible photo to commemorate your prom.
Whether you are a parent, or simply photographing your friends who are going to the prom, there are some simple guidelines you can follow to make these prom pictures beautiful.
- Choose the right background. Whether it’s your porch, or the grass field outside the school building, make sure the background is clean. It also shouldn’t clash horribly with the suit and dresses.
- Focus on the details. Prom is accompanied by crisp suits, beautiful dresses and accessories. Make sure to capture these details. A well taken photo of a gorgeous corsage can be a beautiful addition to your prom album.
- Take individual shots of both. Prom promotes an aura of togetherness, but a few individual shots are a good idea as well.
- Try using natural light as much as possible. Flash is an important tool, but the texture and complexion you will capture with natural light is always better.
- Keep them calm. Understand that most people are at a very delicate age when they go to a prom. They are self conscious, might have body positivity issues and will be very nervous for their photo shoot. Help them relax, talk to them. Take a lot of breaks, and maybe take candid shots whenever they seem relax and happy.
- When you are posing the couple together, don’t presume too much. They might simply be friends, so asking them to pose like an actual couple will be awkward. Go for poses that seem more natural to them.
Or, you can choose to have a proper before-prom photography session done by a professional. This way, you will have a whole album full of beautiful prom photos to look at.